The William Tyrrell detectives come to Kendall to commemorate seven years after the disappearance of the small boy.
"Further information has come to light," said the police after returning to the location where William Tyrrell was last seen seven years ago.
William was last seen playing in the yard of his grandmother's home in Kendall on Friday, September 12th, 2014, just before 10.30am.
Only three years old, he was.
As many as a thousand people explored the area in an attempt to locate the missing boy without success.
The detectives of Strike Force Rosann have done extensive investigations in the seven years since the incident. The inquiry is still ongoing.
Chief Inspector David Laidlaw, the officer in charge, said police returned to Kendall on Sunday as part of their investigation into the circumstances surrounding his abduction.
In addition to local cops and forensic personnel, Strike Force Rosann returned to Kendall, Laidlaw said.
William went missing seven years ago. Since then, new information has come to light as part of our ongoing evaluation of all materials acquired by investigators since then.
To determine if anything has been missed or if any little details need to be clarified, our staff continues to make enquiries and investigate all alternatives.
William's disappearance is a top priority for the police, but bringing him home for both families is the most essential thing."
The NSW Government's $1 million reward for information leading to William Tyrrell's recovery and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance remains in force.
It's a Strike Force Harriet Grahame has postponed releasing her findings on his disappearance following a lengthy coronial inquiry. Rosann detectives were working closely with her.
Two-part program on William Tyrrell's disappearance airs Sunday.