Luke Fatboy Sparos arrested, shooting Samer Marcus street gang DLASTHR

In Sydney, a man has been charged with attempted murder of a senior gang member.

A man has been charged with attempted murder in connection with the "targeted" shooting of senior gang member Samer Marcus last year in south-western Sydney, police allege.

Mr Marcus, a member of the street gang DLASTHR or 'The Last Hour,' was left quadriplegic after being shot eight times in the head, stomach, and leg on November 6 last year in a Denham Court home.

He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition and stayed there for months, with police stating that his "horrific" injuries would seriously impair his quality of life.

A turning point in the case occurred in February, following a month-long public appeal.

Samer Marcus, a former DLASTHR gang member, was left quadriplegic on November 6.
Samer Marcus, a former DLASTHR gang member, was left quadriplegic on November 6.

Stanley Ceismann was arrested on February 23 in Maroubra and charged with 20 counts, including stealing the black BMW used in the Denham Court shooting.

Then, at approximately 5 p.m. yesterday, tactical police and investigators swooped on Luke Sparos in his Surry Hills home.

They discovered several objects inside the 40-year-home old's that they suspect are connected to the shooting last year.

Mr Sparos was arrested and charged with shooting with the intent to kill at Surry Hills Police Station.

Additionally, he faces an accusation of interfering with facts with the intent to deceive a judicial tribunal.

Detective Superintendent Jason Weinstein described the November shooting as a "execution style" assault and said police believe it was an act of vengeance for being stabbed at the Mid North Coast Correctional Centre in July 2019.

Investigators comb through the crime scene on Campbelltown Road near Denham Court.
Investigators comb through the crime scene on Campbelltown Road near Denham Court.

"This is not a tit-for-tat battle... this is an event that occurred several years ago at a correctional facility," Detective Superintendent Weinstein charged.

"It has been meticulously prepared and laid out."

Detective Superintendent Weinstein said that he was "fairly sure" that further arrests would be made in connection with the shooting.

Mr Sparos has been refused police bail and is scheduled to appear in court today at Central Local Court.

There are fears of gang war with one of south-west Sydney’s most notorious gangs after a 45-year-old member was shot in what police say is a targeted attack.