Bill Cosby's accuser claims he drugged and sexually assaulted her in an Atlantic City hotel.
Former actress and one of the most outspoken accusers of Bill Cosby has filed a lawsuit against the disgraced comedian, saying that he drugged and raped her in 1990 at one of Donald Trump's Atlantic City hotels.
Lili Bernard, who has previously talked publicly about her allegations against Bill Cosby, filed the civil complaint against the 84-year-old on Thursday in New Jersey federal court.
She is suing Cosby for $125 million in damages.
Bernard, who met Cosby on the set of "The Cosby Show," claims the comic volunteered to mentor her during her years as a young actor in the 1990s.
She claims that Cosby, who had promised to include her on his show, pressured her into traveling from New York to Atlantic City in August 1990 for a business meeting with a guy he represented as a producer at the Trump Taj Mahal.
Bernard contends that after they ate, the meeting was transferred to the dining area of a hotel suite, where Cosby made her a non-alcoholic drink, according to the lawsuit.
According to the complaint, Bernard experienced "dizziness, a desire to vomit, and weakness" after eating the drink.
Cosby then allegedly assisted Bernard to the bathroom, before telling her, "Daddy's going to buy you something to make you feel better."
The aspiring actress claims she passed out and awoke to discover Cosby undressing her. Bernard states that despite her refusal, Cosby continued to strip her.
She briefly lost consciousness numerous times, including once while Cosby was allegedly raping her and again when she awoke naked in a hotel room bathtub.
Bernard says that when she awoke the next morning, Cosby dressed her, gave her money, and escorted her to a waiting car that would transport her back to New York, according to the lawsuit.
The lawsuit alleges that Cosby then threatened to "delete" her and prosecute her for defamation if she went to the police.
"I've waited a long time to pursue my case in court, and I'm looking forward to being heard and holding Cosby accountable for what he did to me," Bernard said in a statement Thursday.
"Despite the fact that it occurred years ago, I still live with fear, grief, and guilt on a daily basis."
The action was brought pursuant to a New Jersey statute that extended the statute of limitations for adult survivors of child sex abuse in the state by two years.
Cosby was released from a Pennsylvania prison in July after his criminal sexual assault case was overturned by the state's top court.
He was sentenced to two years in prison in 2004 after being found guilty of drugging and abusing Temple University athletic director Andrea Constand at his house.
Bernard is one of scores of women who have come forward to accuse Cosby of sexual assault.
She has already been outspoken about her allegations and has appeared alongside other accusers at several of his court appearances over the years.
According to Cosby spokesman Andrew Wyatt, the comedian maintains his innocence in the wake of the new lawsuit, vowing to "vigorously defend himself against any claimed claims launched against him."
"These retroactive clauses are illegal because they violate an individual's constitutional rights and deprive that individual of due process," Wyatt said in a statement.
"This is yet another attempt to misuse the court system by allowing those who have never offered a shred of evidence, proof, truth, or fact to corroborate their supposed charges to file."
He also cited New Jersey prosecutors' refusal in 2015 to pursue an investigation into Bernard's allegations.