Was breonna taylor killed in her sleep, when did she die shot no knock raid

Suspect Who Was The Target Of Police Raid That Resulted In Breonna Taylor's Murder Pleads Guilty To Drug Charges

Jamarcus Glover, the guy police were looking for on the night they shot and killed Breonna Taylor, has pleaded guilty to a slew of narcotics offenses.

A convicted drug dealer who was the target of police raids that led authorities to Breonna Taylor's home has been offered probation for a laundry list of narcotics offenses.

On March 13, 2020, Louisville police obtained a spate of no-knock warrants in order to disrupt a drug-dealing enterprise involving Jamarcus Glover. One of the five warrants sent officers to Taylor's residence, Glover's previous girlfriend.

Was breonna taylor killed in her sleep, when did she die shot no knock raid

After Taylor's boyfriend fired a shot at them, officers proceeded to her residence, knocked down the door, and opened fire. The 26-year-old Black woman's fatal shot caused months of national outrage and prompted the city of Louisville to pay Taylor's family $12 million to settle a wrongful death lawsuit.

Prosecutors in Louisville recently recommended probation for Glover, who was facing a slew of drug-related offenses, according to WDRB-TV. Additionally, he will be permitted to relocate out of state.

Sam Aguiar, an attorney who represented Taylor's family in the wrongful death lawsuit, said the plea agreement "validates" that Glover was not a drug kingpin who required multiple late-night police raids.

Prosecutors offered Glover a plea deal last year that would have required him to incriminate Taylor in criminal behavior. Taylor was named as a co-defendant in criminal conduct in the offer. Glover turned down the offer.

After the paper was revealed last year, prosecutors stated that it was a "draft that was used during pre-indictment plea discussions." Taylor was not mentioned in Glover's newly filed pleading docs.

The warrant stated that Glover was receiving narcotics packages at Taylor's residence, but no drugs or cash were discovered there the night of the raid. The detective who wrote the warrant was later fired by the Louisville police department.

Glover agreed to forfeit money and vehicles seized by police as part of the new plea deal.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys declined to comment on the matter until Glover's sentencing next month.