Shock g overdose death fentanyl methamphetamine, funeral services

Shock G of Digital Underground died as a result of an accidental fentanyl overdose.

Shock G, a Brooklyn-born member of the Digital Underground, reportedly died of an accidental overdose of the powerful opioid fentanyl.

On April 22, the gifted vocalist, songwriter, and pianist behind the 1990 hit "Humpty Dance" was discovered unresponsive in a hotel room in Tampa. He was 57 years old at the time.

The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner later determined that the hip hop artist, born Gregory Jacobs, was poisoned with a lethal combination of fentanyl, alcohol, and methamphetamine.

Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid more potent than morphine, has been linked to a number of high-profile music industry tragedies, including the accidental deaths of Prince, Tom Petty, Mac Miller, and Bobby Brown Jr.

Jacobs was a prominent producer throughout his career, having worked with Tupac Shakur, Dr. Dre, and KRS-One.

In 1987, he co-founded Digital Underground in the Bay Area with Chopmaster J. and the late Kenneth Waters.

Shock G, lead singer of Oakland, California-based alternative rap group Digital Underground, performs at Krush Groove 2011, which is sponsored by radio station 93.5 KDAY. On April 29, 2011 in Los Angeles, California, at The Gibson Amphitheatre.
Shock G, lead singer of Oakland, California-based alternative rap group Digital Underground, performs at Krush Groove 2011, which is sponsored by radio station 93.5 KDAY. On April 29, 2011 in Los Angeles, California, at The Gibson Amphitheatre.

 

Tags