Shawn Mendes says that after his tour got canceled, he's going to spend time with his family and go to therapy.
After dropping out of his world tour, Shawn Mendes is enjoying the simple things in life and putting his mental health first.
The Canadian singer-songwriter called off his Wonder: The World Tour last month so he could focus on his mental health. The "Stitches" singer had to put off a few shows first. He talked about getting better on Tuesday.
The singer told TMZ at LAX, "I'm spending a lot of time just doing therapy and chilling out." "I want to spend time with family that I haven't been able to in a while. I also want to do things I haven't done in a while, like have dinners with friends and stuff."
Late last month, the singer said, "I wasn't really ready for how hard it would be for me to be on the road.
"I started this tour excited to finally get back to playing live after a long break because of the pandemic," he wrote on Instagram. "But the truth is I wasn't at all ready for how hard touring would be after this long break."
He also said that he had to "put my health ahead of everything else."
Mendes' Wonder tour started on June 27 with a show in Portland, Oregon. On July 8, the singer said he would take a three-week break. Mendes told his fans that he will keep making new music and that he hopes to see them "on tour in the future" after he canceled the whole tour.
"I know you've all been waiting so long to see these shows, and it breaks my heart to tell you this, but I promise I'll be back as soon as I've had enough time to heal," he said in his July statement. "I love you all, and I really appreciate how much you've helped me and stuck with me on this journey."