Paul Tay arrested kidnapping and rape woman, running governor of Oklahoma

A candidate for governor in Oklahoma was arrested for kidnapping and raping a woman.

Since his election to the Tulsa City Council, Paul Tay has acquired recognition for his penchant for undertaking outrageous pranks to garner attention. As a result, he has invaded live mayoral debates, displayed offensive placards outside schools, and ridden his bicycle down a busy express

As an independent candidate for governor of Oklahoma, the 58-year-old once again grabbed news this week.

Tulsa police say Tay was detained in connection with the kidnapping of a woman who replied to an ad for his campaign. Polizia also accused him of assailant with a deadly weapon and rape Prison records reveal he is being held in Tulsa County Jail, where his bail is set at $85,000 There was no lawyer listed.

As a result, Tay's arrest was not his first, and he has continued to run for public office He pled guilty to assaulting a police officer in 2003, according to court documents. It is not the first time he has been the subject of protection orders, including one issued in April 2019 by the Tulsa city councilor who claimed he had harassed, stalked and threatened her As soon as the restraining order was issued, Tay was taken into custody and charged with violating the order.

As part of the investigation into the kidnapping and rape of a lady who wanted to work on his campaign, Paul Tay was detained this week.
As part of the investigation into the kidnapping and rape of a lady who wanted to work on his campaign, Paul Tay was detained this week.

About three months later, he was detained again on grounds of soliciting prostitutes, and in January 2020, he was found guilty of violating public decency His sentence was nine months in prison, according to court records.

Tay's campaign posted an ad on Craigslist on Sunday looking for someone to help in his gubernatorial campaign. According to the police, in addition to a wage, the employment advertised a place to stay

As reported by the Oklahoma City Police Department, Tay promised to pick up the woman in Bethany, Okla., and drive her about 12 miles south According to authorities, Tay began driving to Tulsa once they got in the car.

However, Tay refused to let her leave the vehicle, police added.

The victim was sexually abused and struck with a pipe by Tay, according to authorities.

The woman informed police that Tay stopped at a gas station near Beggs, Okla., 33 miles south of Tulsa. According to reports, he then panhandled for gas money as the woman was left strande

'She was terrified to get out of the car since he had assaulted her with a pipe,' police stated of the victim's reaction to

Once he had enough money to pay for gas, he allegedly drove to his Tulsa house and filled up the tank According to investigators, he then sexually assaulted the victim again and raped her with a pipe.

After convincing Tay to accompany her on Monday, the woman went shopping for toiletries at Walmart. She was able to separate from Tay in the store and seek assistance from a Walmart clerk, according to authorities.

As soon as the officers arrived, Tay was detained in the parking lot

If convicted on the first-degree rape charge, Tay stands a maximum sentence of life in prison, 10 years for assault with a deadly weapon, and up to 20 years for kidnapping.