Victims found in Henderson shooting, including suspect and 12-year-old
Three Henderson shooting victims were confirmed Tuesday.
- Joseph Iehab Hawatmeh, Henderson's 12-year-old boy, died of head and chest gunshot wounds, according to Clark County Coroner.
- Dianne Reem Hawatmeh, Henderson's 38-year-old woman, died of a head gunshot wound.
- According to the coroner, Veronica Muniz, a 33-year-old Las Vegas woman died of a head bullet wound.
Henderson's attacker, Jason Neo Bourne, died from bullet wounds. The coroner described his death as murder.
Henderson Police Department named Tuesday's shooting officers who left four dead.
- Officer Jesse Lujan was HPD since 1997.
- Officer James Pendleton joined HPD after 2013.
- Officer Brett Anderson joined the HPD after 2013.
- Officer Jesse Hehn joined HPD after 2014.
- Officer Phillip Duffy joined HPD after 2019.
Affected officers are transferred to the Field Operations Bureau, both put on paid unpaid leave.
This is the sixth officer-involved incident for the 2020 HPD.
Two women, a boy and a suspect were all dead after a shooting on Tuesday morning.
Police say officers got a call at 11 a.m. Reports of a shooting at 1445 Stonelake Cove Ave., near Stephanie Street and Wigwam Parkway.
Police said they found two mothers, aged 39 and 33, dead, and a 16-year-old girl gunfire injured.
Officers later discovered the perpetrator, identified as Jason Neo Bourne, 38, armed inside a car holding a 12-year-old boy hostage.
Police said Wednesday they sought to de-escalate the incident, but Bourne covered the boy's head with a rifle. Officers shot at Bourne, killing him. The boy was removed from the vehicle, and futile life-saving attempts.
The 16-year-old was taken to local hospital and stable.
Police said a preliminary inquiry revealed the attacker shot several bullets inside the car. He 's thought to have stayed in the flat above the two women killed, but the investigation was still pending.
These deaths were the eighth, 10th and 11th Henderson Police Department homicides in 2020 and the agency's sixth police shooting of the year.