Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Mikail Sharp and Natasha Huffman, uss george washington sailors death

They were all from the same Aircraft Carrier, and three of them were found dead in less than one week.

While these incidents are still being investigated, the Navy says there is no evidence so far that there is a connection between these two tragic events.

In the US Navy, three sailors who worked on the USS George Washington were found dead within days of each other. The Navy is looking into the deaths.

One sailor, who hasn't been named, was found dead on Friday while aboard the aircraft carrier, a Naval Air Force Atlantic spokesperson tells People.

"We can say with a heavy heart that a USS George Washington (CVN-73) sailor died on April 15. People on board took care of him before he was taken to Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, where the service member died "Asked by the spokesperson, "What do you think?"

"The incident is being investigated, and the command is still working with the NCIS," said a rep for the command.

The bodies of two more sailors were found off-base on April 9 and 10.

She was found dead on April 9 and has now been identified by the Navy as 3rd Class Mikail Sharp. Following day, a body was found by a sailor named Natasha Huffman, who worked as an Interior Communications Electrician 3rd Class on the Navy.

Navy investigating after three sailors die on same ship within a week
Navy investigating after three sailors die on same ship within a week

A cause of death has not been given for any of the three service members who died.

People has a statement from a Navy spokesperson that says, "The Navy is working with local law enforcement where both incidents have happened, as both incidents are still being investigated," the statement says. Families, friends, and shipmates of our Sailors are in our thoughts and prayers at this time.

A Navy spokeswoman told CNN that the "tragic events" don't seem to be linked.

In the beginning, there doesn't seem to be a connection between the tragic events, said Cmdr. Reann Mommsen.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service and local law enforcement are looking into the case, according to the news source.

As of August 2017, the USS George Washington, which is nuclear-powered, has been in Newport News, Virginia, for a long time. It has been refueling and getting new parts.

Navy Times: The process was supposed to be finished last year, but labor shortages caused by COVID-19 made it hard to finish.


Shariff share buttons