Check How to Fix the Problem of Facebook Messenger Not Showing Messages
Do you know how to fix it so that Facebook Messenger messages don't disappear? One of the most popular and new chat apps is Facebook Messenger. There are a lot of new tools that can help you talk to your friends and family better. But it can sometimes make things go wrong, like not being able to load movies, pictures, and other multimedia messages, messages that were received but not sent, messages that say something went wrong, etc. Messenger not showing messages is one of the most well-known problems. There have been reports of these kinds of problems on iPhone, iOS, and Android devices. It's also pretty common on Android phones.
In any case, today's post will show you how to get Facebook Messenger to show messages again. People who are not Facebook friends, Facebook friends, strangers, a single person, or the Facebook Marketplace can start these conversations or send these messages. All of these fixes or solutions are for more than one user, so you need to try them all one by one. I don't know which one will fix the fact that Messenger isn't showing you messages or message alerts. But I'm sure that by the end of the article, your problem will be solved. So let's get this party going without further ado.
Reasons why messages don't show up:
- There is a bug in the Facebook Messenger app. • You may not have enough internet data to let Messenger show your messages.
- If you don't see the marketplace messages, it means that the Facebook marketplace is not available in your area. It could also be your WiFi or Internet connection.
- You can't see messages from a strange non-Facebook friend because FB Messenger has added new delivery options.
- You may have archived or ignored a chat with a person by mistake on FB Messenger. You might not see a message from a person because of this.
- Maybe you're using an old version of the Messenger app that no longer works.
What to do to fix it
Diagnose your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
- Swipe your finger down from the top of your phone's screen.
- Tap the gear icon to go to your device's settings.
- Tap SIM cards and mobile networks.
- Tap Advanced Settings and then Mobile Network Diagnostics.
- Finally, turn on your device again, and you can also check messenger.com to see if you have any messages.
Get the most recent version of Messenger and install it.
If it still is, it means you don't update Messenger very often. You may get errors and see unusual problems. It won't, for example, show different messages, conversations, etc. You might need to update or get the latest version of the Facebook Messenger app, which you can get from the App Store or the Play Store. Then turn your phone off and on again, and then open the Messenger app. The problem should be fixed now.
Do not use the Facebook Messenger application's beta tester.
From what I've seen, the Messenger app on my Android phone has a lot of problems. As a beta tester, you will get unstable updates because the program is being improved. This means that an update could be full of bugs and other Messenger problems. But one of them can be that chats or messages aren't shown or aren't shown. So, you need to download and install the latest version update that is available to the public. If you want to install a stable update, you may need to leave the Messenger beta program or use a different Gmail account. Sign in to let us know if the problem is fixed.
Clear the Messenger app's cache.
- Open the Android mobile settings app.
- Tap the Apps button.
- Choose Manage applications from the list.
- Find the Messenger app and tap on it.
- Tap the "Clear data" button and turn your device back on.
- Go to your Messenger app and see if the problem with messages not showing up has been fixed.
You skipped a chat or conversation or saved it.
The best parts of Facebook Messenger are the apps Archive and Ignore you. You might have archived or ignored a chat for any reason or by accident. After that, you may find that messages from people who aren't your Facebook friends don't show up in your Messenger inbox. In this case, you should either stop ignoring that conversation or undo what you did to archive it. In the end, you'll start to notice that messages from strangers, friends, or people you don't know on Facebook aren't showing up in your inbox.
Check hidden message requests or inboxes
Messages from people who aren't your Facebook friends or strangers are always filtered by Facebook Messenger. So those messages don't show up in the main chat box on Messenger. But such messages are always there, and they expect you to accept the request to be a normal chat in the main Messenger inbox. This is one reason you might not see some messages from friends or people who don't use Facebook.
Go to your Message Requests in the Messenger app, which is also known as Messenger's hidden inbox. Accept the request to start seeing messages in your inbox. To do this,
- touch your profile picture and then touch the option that says "Message requests." You will see two sections.
- CAN KNOW AND SPAM OPTIONS
- Look in any section for Messages or Chat.
Final remarks: How to Fix the Problem of Facebook Messenger Not Showing Messages
I hope this article, "How to Fix "Facebook Messenger Not Showing Messages" Issue," makes sense to you. If you answered "no," you can ask anything about this article in the "contact forum" section. And if you said yes, please tell your friends and family about this article to show your support.