The police inquiry into the death of the woman who claimed she was raped by Christian Porter, SA Coroner confirms
Christian Porter, a prominent government member, vehemently denies that he killed a woman in the 1980s, but a criminal probe into her death is pending.
The State Coroner of South Australia has made it known that the continuing inquiry by the South Australian Police Force into the 1988 death of a woman who alleged she was assaulted by Federal Attorney-General Christian Porter will proceed.
The coroner's results and the announcement came out on the same day, when Mr. Porter fronted the media to vehemently refute the charges.
The coroner obtained a file on March 1 bearing the findings of the investigation.
However, further investigation was needed.
He reported, “While SAPOL has given me details, I discovered that the investigation is incomplete.”
This was especially clear, given what has been published in recent media coverage.
Mr Whittle said that a lawyer who represented him had been named to assist the SA Police with their latest inquiries.
Such being the case, he has yet to determine whether an investigation into the woman's death will occur.
“The inquiry is still underway, and after it has been finished, I will make a statement on holding an inquest,” he added.
Her relatives, including attorneys and corporate executives, have spoken forward in favor of an inquest into her murder.
Prior to the woman ending her life in June last year, the NSW Police had been investigating the case.
It is suspected that she claimed to have been assaulted in Sydney when she was 16 years old.
Speaking for himself, Mr Porter told reporters that he feels for the parents of the Adelaide woman who was recently murdered.
He declined to admit the claims, moving on to categorically refute them.
“the things being said did not occur,” he explained.
It's totally right. "Nada de lo que está contenido in las alegaciones publicadas jamás ocurrió."
As of Tuesday, the NSW Police has formally announced that they have stopped investigating the historical rape claim because there is "insufficient admissible proof to continue."
In November 2019, a woman, then 48 years old, requested advice at an Adelaide police station about disclosing sexual assaults that allegedly happened in 1988 in Sydney, according to police.
The matter was then forwarded to the NSW Police Department, which launched an inquiry under Strike Force Wyndarra.
The NSW Police Force has been responsible for this inquiry since February of 2020.
It was because of different circumstances that the woman did not address her accusations to the NSW Police in a written statement.
The police claimed to have received a confidential document after the woman's death.
NSW Police met with a lawyer about these concerns, the statement explained.
Based on the evidence given to NSW Police, the case should be dismissed."
NSW Police Department has therefore decided that the investigation is now concluded.