Agnes Yulo Diego aka akidearest (or simply Aki), is a Filipino-American YouTuber and cosplayer who is known for her anime-related videos. She was born on February 16, 1993, which makes her 29 years old. In addition to that, she created videos for Vocaloid and visual novels.
Agnes is in a relationship with The Anime Man, with whom she recently relocated to Japan. Agnes also has a positive relationship with Misty Chronexia and CDawgVA. She has worked with them together on a number of different occasions.
In addition to providing critiques of anime and manga on her channel, Agnes maintains a running series titled "Otaku Monthly Favorites." Together with her boyfriend, she presently resides in Tokyo, which is located in Japan.
The majority of Agnes' childhood was spent in Virginia, despite the fact that she was born in Bakersfield, California to parents of Filipino ancestry. After some time, she relocated to the city of Las Vegas in Nevada. She graduated from JROTC with the rank of Chief Petty Officer and then served in the United States Marine Corps for the next four years after that before she began her career as a YouTube content creator.
She has stated that she created her first account back in 2006, but she has not disclosed the name of it. On this account, she made Anime Music Videos (AMV), but she stopped making these videos because of how time consuming they were. She created her current channel in 2014. She has stated that she created her first account back in 2006.
Agnes depicts herself in her videos as being very eccentric and bubbly, which she claims is not the case in her real life, particularly during her younger years, when she portrayed the very generic, introverted, and asocial Otaku, even occasionally bordering on weeaboo. In her videos, Agnes is very outgoing and eccentric. It is well known among her YouTube fanbase that she is a hentai lover, especially tentacle hentai, which she is not ashamed of very much (although her family does not know this stuff for obvious reasons). Her family is aware that she is into anime, manga, video games, and cosplay. Her family is also aware that she enjoys cosplaying.
Her anime parodies show her to be very vindictive (for instance, in her Death Note parody, she creates a club for weaboos to sign up for, causing them to die, and kills an innocent man), as well as malicious (she also writes the name of a dying patient on it and flips them off), despite the fact that these aspects of her character are presented in a comedic manner.
- On November 4, 2016, it was disclosed that Agnes and The Anime Man are involved in a romantic relationship. She uploaded a video on January 19, 2019, in which she announced that they had moved in together in Japan.
- The original PlayStation was her very first console, but not long after that, she also purchased a Nintendo console to add to her collection.
- In 2018, she attended an anime convention dressed as Yoon Bum, a character from the Lezhin Comics series Killing Stalking.
- The #DearAki series that Agnes publishes consists of questions and answers, and TheMasterOfDooM is the one who asks all of the questions.
- The video game The World Next Door, which is downloadable for free on Steam and the Nintendo Switch, was where Agnes made her debut as a voice actress.
- There is a second channel owned by Agnes called "I'm Aki," but it is currently dormant.
- At one point, Agnes was featured on a podcast known as Mangapod Book Club. "MangaPod #151: Magical Girl Apocalypse (Vol. 1 - 4, Ch. 1 - 16) with AkiDearest!" is the name of this episode.